What is bone marrow aspiration stem cell therapy?
Bone marrow is a soft spongy tissue found inside the bones. Bone marrow aspiration stem cell therapy is also known as bone marrow aspiration therapy. It is one of the most beneficial regenerative therapies. It accelerates healing in moderate to harsh tendon injuries and osteoarthritis. It is a nonsurgical treatment that is used to treat orthopedic injuries. Bone marrow concentrate of stem cells is used in this procedure. In this procedure the physician extracts a small part of bone marrow of the patient and centrifuges it. Centrifugation produces a powerful concentrate which is injected into the injured area. The procedure is very simple and involves minimal discomfort.
How does it work?
This therapy has the capability to trigger the self healing ability of body through the assistance of growth factors. Bone marrow aspiration stem cell therapy also handles the regenerative cells present in the bone marrow of the patient. Bone marrow contains high quantity of pluripotent stem cells. These can be extracted from hip bone of the patient for this procedure. These stem cells can duplicate themselves into different types of tissue.
What types of conditions are treated with bone aspiration stem cell therapy?
- Hip pain: osteoarthritis, ITB syndrome, SI joint dysfunction, hip labrum tears, greater trochanteric bursitis.
- Knee pain: meniscus tears, osteoarthritis, chondromalacia patella, ligament tears or sprains, tendon injuries.
- Spine: sacroiliac joint dysfunction, facet joint arthropathy.
- Ankle and foot pain: ligament injury, ankle sprains, plantar fasciitis, partial tears or Achilles tendinitis.
- Wrist or hand pain/ elbow pain: osteoarthritis, golfer’s elbow, tennis elbow.
- Shoulder: bicipital tendinitis, labrum tear, tendonopathy, rotator cuff tendinitis, osteoarthritis.
How long does it take to work?
Most patients may observe the improvements within 2 to 6 weeks after the procedure. Improvements include decreased pain along with increased strength and stability. This therapy is one of the most recommended treatments for damaged joints and its problems.