Often when an injury occurs, the body’s ability to completely heal is inadequate due to an insufficient number of regenerative cells. Bone Marrow contains cells that have the ability to improve circulation, decrease inflammation, and regenerate healthy tendon, ligament, disc, and cartilage.
With bone marrow aspirate, the high number of concentrated regenerative cells provides a robust healing response to the damaged tissue and aids in accelerating the body’s natural healing mechanisms.
Here at RegenAmerica, we use an FDA approved bone marrow aspiration system that incorporates features designed to overcome the limitations of a traditional bone marrow needle. These features allow the user to aspirate in a measured and controlled manner over a large area inside the marrow space while restricting peripheral blood infiltration.
How Does Bone Marrow Aspirate Work?
Bone marrow aspirate utilizes regenerative cells that are contained within a patient’s own bone marrow. The marrow contains a rich reservoir of “pluripotent” stem cells that are undifferentiated. This means they are able to replicate themselves into tendon, bone, adipose, or cartilage.
Benefits of Bone Marrow Aspirate
- Easier on the patient, Easier on the practitioner.
- Price. The cutting-edge technology delivers a more effective regenerative solution at a lower price point for the doctors which is conveyed to the patient.
Safety. The bone marrow aspirate does not leave the sterile field. Meaning that once we harvest the aspirate it does not go to a lab for processing where additional steps need to be taken to manage the increased risk of infection.
- Better End Product. We eliminate the need to centrifuge the marrow sample so our end product is of a higher quality than systems depending on a centrifuge. Centrifuge systems typically discard 80% of the aspirate due to high levels of peripheral blood. Worse, significant numbers of the desired cells ( approx. 40%) are discarded because as these cells increase in density prior to division, they are processed into the undesired red cell centrifuge component and thus discarded, substantially limiting the regenerative potential of the resulting sample.
- Minimal use of anticoagulants. Centrifuge systems require at least 10% dilution by volume for the addition of an anti-coagulant and another 10% dilution for a neutralizing agent. Our system eliminates these requirements.
- Better regenerative potential. Centrifugation methods require marrow be filtered prior to centrifugation. Filtering reduces the quality of the end product. With our procedure filtering is not required and you will get a better end product to allow for improved repair.
Is Bone Marrow Aspirate Right For You?
Bone marrow stem cell therapy is a promising new method for treating a number of ailments, but it is not for everyone. In general, it is reserved for more advanced injuries when treatments like platelet-rich plasma may not be strong enough to effectively provide relief and improve function. During your initial consultation, we will review your medical history and injuries with you to determine if you are an ideal candidate.